I have always been a fan of exercising and teaching/coaching. I ran track throughout high school and college, then coached track for a number of years thereafter. I worked out the best I could during grad school but the schedule was demanding and spending hours in the gym everyday wasn’t realistic. Hitting the road for a run was the easiest way to get in some movement. Then came the career and kids and I found myself very unhappy with my fitness level as it took a backseat to the rest of life.
Not long after baby #2 was born, I sat cheering on my husband in a CrossFit competition between cops and firemen and caught myself thinking that a lot of what they were doing was a lot of how I trained for track. I could do this stuff. That was a Saturday. By Tuesday I was talking with Tommy and by the very next Saturday I had myself a year membership at CFT. That was in May of 2014 and it was one of the best, life changing decisions I’ve ever made.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- BS in Human Development
- Graduated CSUSM, Cum Laude, 2003
- Selective Functional Movement Analysis Level 1 Certified
- NAIA Nationals qualifier in track and field from 2000 – 2003
- NAIA All-American in the 4 x 400 m in 2002